Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good Things Come In Small Packages

We're getting married in August, so I've been told to reign in my spending between now and then if I fancy myself on the glamorous honeymoon I desire!  Which I'm sure you'll agree, although a fair and reasonable request, is easier said than done.  I see beautiful things everywhere and can immediately imagine them in our home. 

However, when in a local gift store looking for a birthday present today, I realised that you don't need to spend a fortune on interior decorating.  Budgets may be tight, but you can still pick up the odd little treat for your home that won't break the bank.  Sometimes good things really do come in small packages.
Today I discovered some beautiful Australian made natural wax candles from Circa Home, and picked up three of the mini ones for only $20.  Their small box makes them a perfect little gift, or keep them for yourself and dot them through your home in different places.  I spend a lot of time banging on about the importance of using natural wax candles, rather than cheap candles made in places like China, but it's so important to know you're not filling your home (and lungs!) with harmful chemicals.  Candlelight can also create a beautiful warm light in your home and change the mood entirely.



Make it a little project to keep your eyes open for bargains that will work well in your home.  Little bowls to serve olives and nuts in, a small empty bottle to use as a vase, little jars to put tea lights in.  It's the small things that make a difference when making your house a home.



Bye for now,
Joanna

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Joanna! I hunted these candles down, they very reasonably priced and smell divine!

    ReplyDelete