Saturday, March 3, 2012

Handbags and Gladrags

One rule I follow when choosing a dress is that it should be tight enough so people know you're a woman, but loose enough that they know you're a lady.  Leave a little bit to the imagination - Jennifer Lopez and bodycon fans the world over, I'm talking to you. The Hollywood A-list hit the red carpet last Monday for the 2012 Oscars - here are my picks for best dressed.


Tina Fey was stunning in navy Carolina Herrera.  Her Bulgari jewels were simple and elegant, as was her sleek yet soft updo, which was my favourite hairstyle for the evening.


Not just anyone could pull off this Monique Lhuillier gown, which is straight off the runway.  However Snow White star Lily Collins looked magnificent at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.  I love how her barely there accessories let the dress do all the talking.


Katie Holmes teamed a Lanvin clutch with a deep sapphire Elie Saab Couture gown.  Not a fan of the fringe, but I love her swept back ponytail.  It kills me to say this, but Tom was also looking pretty suave.


Selena Gomez was gorgeous in pale Dolce and Gabbana.  Some people get 'sexy' a bit confused and wind up looking cheap, but Selena has the look nailed.

Until next time,
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment