Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Jet Set

Sometimes I feel as though I'm living my life in transit. The world we live in is smaller and more accessible than ever, and travel has never been more enticing or easy. We regularly pack our bags and head off on holidays, exploring far-flung locations and picking up precious trinkets along the way.


Nothing is worse than the post holiday slump. Back to the daily grind, dreaming of Monte Martre, cosmopolitans in Hawaii, Hyde Park in the winter... I try and bring some of these special, sentimental times home with me as everyday reminders of past adventures, and a promise of adventures to come.



Try bringing the world home piece by piece.  Frame a poster from Paris.  Put photo montages where you will look at them every day.  Display a little wooden carving from Africa.  Sew intricate Indian sari fabric into cushion covers.



Have a great week,
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment