Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wanderlust


They say that travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.  I think of how I have changed in the past decade, and almost everything that has made me better, braver and brighter, has been travel.  I sat on the flight deck on approach into New York and flew right over the top of the two gaping holes in the Earth that were once the World Trade Center.  I had tea and scones at Fortnam and Mason in London and pretended I was a lady.  I stood with my feet on either side of where the Berlin Wall once was.  I came face to face with a lioness covered in blood from her last kill in Africa.  I went to a frat party at Hermosa Beach, got bored and left early.  I sang Kareoke and drunk cheap wine (meeting my husband while doing so) in Japan.




The world is a small place, and if we're lucky, it always leads us home.  But don't be afraid to bring the world home with you piece by piece.  Bring travel nostalga to your own little world - your home.  Create an inspirational travel themed play room for your children, incorporate exotic textiles with your usual style, or create a photo wall of travel memories. 






An antique suitcase may serve as an ottoman at the end of your bed, or an unusual map of a faraway city could bring a room to life.  The trick is to always keep exploring and evolving, bringing inspiration back to where your heart is...your home.




Happy travels,
Joanna
   

1 comment:

  1. So true - I love the idea of the photo wall of your travels :)

    ReplyDelete